Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Tried this recipe a couple of Christmases ago. It was delicious. Omitted the dried cranberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed whole wheat bread
- 3 3⁄4 cups cubed white bread
- 16 ounces bulk seasoned turkey sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup turkey broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake the whole-wheat and white bread cubes until evenly golden brown.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Cook the sausage and chopped onions over moderate heat until fully cooked.
- Add the celery, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- Add the sausage mixture to the bread with the apples, cranberries, parsley.
- Toss mixture well.
- Drizzle the stock and the melted butter over the mixture.