Recipe by Li Li
These are great for parties or drop-in guests. You can make them ahead of time and keep a bag in the freezer.
- 1 lb spicy bulk breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Deans)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) packages miniature party rye rounds (Rye or Pumpernickel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Sausage in large skillet, drain grease, reserving about a teaspoon in pan.
- Sauté onion and green pepper in grease.
- Add Sausage and cheese.
- Continue cooking till cheese melts.
- Add garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread mixture on bread slices.
- May be frozen on cookie sheet at this point and then placed in baggies.
- Bake at 400° till desired doneness.