Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great for parties or drop-in guests. You can make them ahead of time and keep a bag in the freezer.
- Brown Sausage in large skillet, drain grease, reserving about a teaspoon in pan.
- Sauté onion and green pepper in grease.
- Add Sausage and cheese.
- Continue cooking till cheese melts.
- Add garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread mixture on bread slices.
- May be frozen on cookie sheet at this point and then placed in baggies.
- Bake at 400° till desired doneness.
Made these to go along with a big buffet of appetizers at Super Bowl party. They where received very well and will definitely go into my saved file. Thanks Lili
These were great - didnt' have miniature rye bread so toasted wheat bread and used a 3" diameter cookie cutter for center cut. They were a bit hit, had none left over.
You are so right,LiLi. These are really nice to have in the freezer. I just heated some up to try them (I ate them with lunch) and they freeze and reheat very well. I made them exactly as directed. My neighbors often meet in the park in front of my house for cocktails. These will be perfect for taking out there. Thanks so much for posting!