Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hubby and I will try this sometime...maybe this week. Instead of party rye bread you can use thinly sliced French bread. Double the recipe to have enough sausage mixture.
- 1⁄2 lb roll Italian pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 20 slices miniature party rye rounds
- Preheat broiler.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until browned.
- Drain on paper towels. T.
- Transfer sausage to small bowl
- Stir in cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions and Worcestershire.
- Cut crusts from bread.
- Cut each slice into 4 squares; spread about 1 teaspoons sausage mixture onto each square.
- Arrange squares on ungreased baking sheet; place under hot broiler just until cheese melts and filling bubbles.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
This was a really tasty appetizer that I used for a dinner party this last weekend. They went fast! I doubled the recipe, and used S&W steak sauce in place of the worcestershire sauce (I was out) and also topped it with some fresh chopped basil. Easy to make, and a delicious party app! Thanks for the recipe!
Everyone really enjoyed these delicious, savory little bites at the football game party!!!