Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a recipe book called A Taste of Tradition
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 (8 ounce) packages brown and serve sausages
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 large green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cherries, drained
- Drain pineapple and save syrup.
- Cut sausage in half crosswise; brown.
- In saucepan, blend cornstarch, salt, pineapple, syrup, water and vinegar.
- Heat to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add pineapple, sausage, peppers and cherries.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Keep warm in chaffing dish.
Sauce is good (though I'd probably add a bit of soy sauce instead of salt). The sausage had too much of a breakfastey taste to it. We all decided it would be better without the sausage, maybe we'll try it again with mini meatballs (something blander) instead. Also we thought the bell pepper would have been better if it were boiled for 5 minutes first so it wasn't quite as raw tasting. Thanks Recipe Junkie! Made for My 3-Chefs 2012.