Recipe by momstar
Yum! Found this recipe in a Pillsbury holiday cookbook. We love it, sometimes I make the sauce without the zucchini and serve with other pasta.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jarwhole mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet or dutch oven, brown sausage with onion and garlic, drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti to donesness as directed on package.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.