1/3 Photos of Sausage-And-Zucchini Rice
A recipe from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper (personnaly I would omit the salt because the sausages are salty enough for us)
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casings discarded
- 2 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and 3 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, breaking it up, over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate. Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Return the sausage to the skillet, add the remaining 1 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup water and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in the rice along with 1/2 cup parmesan, the parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoon butter. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and the pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage-And-Zucchini Rice
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.3
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 1832.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 30.7 g