Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a wonderfully easy and tasty recipe from Prescious brand ricotta. This and a tossed salad, and you're on your way to a tasty and healthful meal.
- 10 ounces medium dry pasta shells
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) containerprescious ricotta cheese
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over med-high heat, 6-8 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
- Remove and and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Add onion in same skillet, cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Layer half each of pasta, ricotta cheese, zucchini, sausage, and sauce in 13X9" baking dish; repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minute or until hot and cheese is hot and melted.