Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe we love it, hope you will enjoy it also. She brings it to potluck dinners at church and it goes fast! If you really like the full flavor of wild rice use 1 cup of wild rice. But my sister-in-law uses half wild rice and half white rice. You may want to use this recipe, Oven Wild Rice #111588, to soften your wild rice the night before you make this recipe. Cook the white rice your normal way to soften it.
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked (or 1/2 cup wild rice and 1/2 cup white rice both cooked)
- 1 lb sausage links
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, drain
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced water, cheastnuts drain
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Soften your wild rice the night before (recipe 111588 maybe helpful for this).
- If using some white grain rice cook that the day you make this.
- Cut sausage links into bite size pieces and fry until done.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients together and put into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Can you say COMFORT FOOD? My dear neighbor brought this over to me after I had my first child, I loved it so much she gave me the recipe, but I lost it.(she has since passed away) Thank you so much for posting!