Recipe by Bilette
This came from an old Betty Crocker Cookbook. It looks a bit intimidating, but is actually fairly quick and easy. I use Turkey Kielbasa and low fat cheese.
- 1 lb polska kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 green onions, with tops, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir sausage, chilies, chili powder, oregano, seasoned salt, cumin, garlic powder and sugar in oil in a 12 inch skillet until sausages are light brown.
- Stir in corn and mushrooms.
- Keep warm.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Heat butter in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate until melted.
- Beat eggs, flour and milk until smooth.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Mound sausage mix into pie plate to within 1 inch of edge.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes more, until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with onions.