Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I make this dish throughout the year - I just change the veggies with the seasons. The number of servings grows very quickly - depending on how many veggies you toss in. Don't forget to include good bread with the meal to sop up the juices (yum!) Note: You can substitute bottled Italian dressing. I prefer the salad dressing listed.
- 1 package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb low-fat smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 4 large red potatoes, quartered
- baby carrots
- squash, use your own judgement
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make the Good Seasons Italian Dressing using the balsamic vinegar, water and olive oil.
- Measure out 1/2 cup and set aside -- save the rest for another meal (It's an excellent salad dressing).
- Place sausage and veggies in a shallow baking dish (I use a 9"x13" pan).
- Add the 1/2 cup of dressing and toss to coat.
- Bake covered in the oven for 2 hours.
Delicious and simple-to-make dish that I will be making again soon. Perfect for a fall/winter meal.