Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
A wonderful recipe from that great magazine, Food & Family by Kraft. I am a big fan of Italian sausage, and this hits the spot. If when the sausage is browned and you don't have anything to mix the tomato paste with, you can use about 1/4 cup of beef broth to make a nice thick rich sauce.
- 4 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing (made by Kraft, of course)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in large nonstick skillet; drain.
- Stir in onions and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook 15 minute or until onions are tender and sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dressing.
- Toss sausage mixture with pasta.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.