Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I haven't made this yet but it sounds really good.From Bon Appetit October 1990.
- 1 (8 inch) frozen pie crusts, baked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 sweet Italian sausages, crumbled and cooked
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 large tomatoes, halved crosswise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place pie crust on cookie sheet.
- Place cheese and sausage in pie crust.
- Beat together yolks, egg, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Mix in cream.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Place tomato in circular pattern atop quiche.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F
- Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 6 to 8.
This quiche is great for breakfast, but even better for dinner!