Recipe by CajunRick
A great little recipe to feed 8 regular folks or 4 Cajuns. The ingredients may be prepared (except the cheese) and put in the fridg the night before making this a great quick breakfast.
- 1 lb pork sausage (as spicy as you can stand it)
- 1 1⁄2 cups about 4 to 5 small grated potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a black iron skillet.
- While the sausage is cooking grate the taters (you can cheat and used frozen shredded hash browns) and add to the cooking sausage.
- When the sausage is done, drain and stir in cajun seasoning.
- Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Pour egg mixture in a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Add sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Add cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Cut into 8 squares and enjoy.