Heather Studley's Note:
I was cleaning out the fridge one day and decided that I was going to throw all of this together and it came out wonderful!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Julienne the peppers to a size you would want them to be for sautéing.
- 2Dice the onion and garlic.
- 3Boil water and cook the pasta according to the directions.
- 4In a frying pan, on medium high, heat up approximately 3 teaspoons of Olive Oil or enough to lightly coat the pan.
- 5Once the pan is heated add the garlic and onions, stir often so they do not burn, cook for about 2 minutes or until translucent.
- 6Add the sausage to the pan, breaking it up once its in there into more bite size pieces.
- 7Once the sausage is broken up add the peppers and basil and continue to stir occasionally so that nothing sticks to the pan.
- 8If needed use a white wine or chicken broth to keep liquid in the frying pan to prevent anything from sticking and to help the peppers tenderize.
- 9Once the meat is cooked and the peppers are to your desired tenderness remove from heat.
- 10Drain your pasta and return to the pan.
- 11Add enough butter or margarine to coat the pasta well, and then add garlic salt until desired taste.
- 12Then add the peppers and sausage to your pasta and you are finished. merely serve it now.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Sweet Pepper Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
turkey sausage patties