Recipe by Heather Studley
I was cleaning out the fridge one day and decided that I was going to throw all of this together and it came out wonderful!!
- 2 bell peppers
- 4 turkey sausage patties (can use links)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 226.79 g spaghetti
- 1 medium onion
- fresh basil (can use dried)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- butter or margarine
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Julienne the peppers to a size you would want them to be for sautéing.
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Boil water and cook the pasta according to the directions.
- In a frying pan, on medium high, heat up approximately 3 teaspoons of Olive Oil or enough to lightly coat the pan.
- Once the pan is heated add the garlic and onions, stir often so they do not burn, cook for about 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the sausage to the pan, breaking it up once its in there into more bite size pieces.
- Once the sausage is broken up add the peppers and basil and continue to stir occasionally so that nothing sticks to the pan.
- If needed use a white wine or chicken broth to keep liquid in the frying pan to prevent anything from sticking and to help the peppers tenderize.
- Once the meat is cooked and the peppers are to your desired tenderness remove from heat.
- Drain your pasta and return to the pan.
- Add enough butter or margarine to coat the pasta well, and then add garlic salt until desired taste.
- Then add the peppers and sausage to your pasta and you are finished. merely serve it now.