Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the July 2008 issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
Make and share this Sausage and Summer Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces cooked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise, sliced diagonally
- 3 small summer squash, quartered lengthwise
- 4 pieces italian flat bread, wedges, split
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl combine dressing and garlic.
- In extra-large skillet cook sausage and squash in 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread on broiler pan; brush with 1 tablespoon of the dressing mixture.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Serve sausage and squash with toasted bread.
- Drizzle remaining dressing; sprinkle green onions and oregano.
- Pass Parmesan cheese.