Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the July 2008 issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces cooked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise, sliced diagonally
- 3 small summer squash, quartered lengthwise
- 4 pieces italian flat bread, wedges, split
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl combine dressing and garlic.
- In extra-large skillet cook sausage and squash in 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread on broiler pan; brush with 1 tablespoon of the dressing mixture.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Serve sausage and squash with toasted bread.
- Drizzle remaining dressing; sprinkle green onions and oregano.
- Pass Parmesan cheese.