1/2 Photos of Sausage and Summer Squash
I love squash and zucchini, and when it's in season cooking it with the sausage is a delicious way to prepare and enjoy these vegetables. Served with some lightly toasted italian bread, it makes a great meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3-1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces cooked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise, sliced diagonally
- 3 small summer squash or 3 small zucchini, cut across into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 -6 slices Italian bread, lightly toasted
- fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In a small bowl combine dressing and garlic.
- 3In an extra-large skillet cook sausage and squash in 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, toast Italian bread lightly; or if you prefer, you can place the bread slices on a broiler pan, brush with 1 tablespoon of the dressing mixture, and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- 5Serve sausage and squash with the toasted bread. Drizzle with any remaining dressing; sprinkle with oregano; top with a little parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Summer Squash
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 1187.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g