Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is wonderfuly delicious, very hearty soup. I make it at least once a month. It freezes well. I beleive its from a Taste of Home light cooking magazine from a few years ago.
- 283.49 g hot Italian turkey sausage
- cooking spray
- 236.59 ml prechopped onion
- 9.85 ml bottled minced garlic
- 118.29 ml water
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g canorganic stewed tomatoes, undrained (such as Muir Glen)
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 283.49 g frozen spinach
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add onion and 2 teaspoons garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water, beans, tomatoes, and broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, basil, and oregano.
- Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 4 bowls,
- Optional: sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons romano or parm cheese.