this is wonderfuly delicious, very hearty soup. I make it at least once a month. It freezes well. I beleive its from a Taste of Home light cooking magazine from a few years ago.
My Private Note
cup bow ...
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage
- cooking spray
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can organic stewed tomatoes, undrained (such as Muir Glen)
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 2Add onion and 2 teaspoons garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in 1/2 cup water, beans, tomatoes, and broth.
- 4Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, basil, and oregano.
- 5Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 4 bowls,
- 6Optional: sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons romano or parm cheese.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 961.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth