1/1 Photo of Sausage and spinach soup
This is the closest I could get to Bertucci's sausage soup. I find that the quality of the sausage meat you use is critical in the recipe and try to use better sausage whenever I can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb italian sausage meat, broken up
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes (plain or with Italian herbs)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 6 ounces frozen spinach (or equivalent amount of canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 8 cups water
- salt and black pepper
- 1Sautee the onion in oil and butter until soft.
- 2Add the sausage meat and stir-fry until no longer pink on the outside.
- 3Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the water and bring to boil.
- 5Add the canned tomatoes and the rice.
- 6Cook until the rice and the sausage are done.
- 7If using frozen spinach, add it early and break apart; if fresh or canned, add it a few minutes before the end.
- 8Serve with grated mozzarella sprinkled on the top.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and spinach soup
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.4
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 907.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 16.5 g