This dish has always been my favorite. It is so easy to make and tastes so good. I've always used chicken apple sausages with Chardonnay which I bought from Trader Joes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Brown sausages, about 3 minuted under medium heat.
- Discard excess fat from the sausages from the pan.
- Add onion to the pan, cook about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the chopped spinach by using a kitchen/paper towel.
- Place spinach, lemon zest and grated Parmiagiano Reggiano in a bowl.
- Add cooled sausage mixture into the spinach mixture, incorporate well. Filling is now ready.
- Cut each puff pastry sheets into 2 rectangles.
- Brush the top layer with mustard.
- Fill pastry sheets with filling.
- Crimp the edges using a fork.
- Cut 2 slits on top of each pastry.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until golden brown.