1/2 Photos of Sausage and Spinach Pastry Puffs
Morning Biscotti's Note:
This dish has always been my favorite. It is so easy to make and tastes so good. I've always used chicken apple sausages with Chardonnay which I bought from Trader Joes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet.
- 3Brown sausages, about 3 minuted under medium heat.
- 4Discard excess fat from the sausages from the pan.
- 5Add onion to the pan, cook about 3 minutes.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 8Squeeze out excess liquid from the chopped spinach by using a kitchen/paper towel.
- 9Place spinach, lemon zest and grated Parmiagiano Reggiano in a bowl.
- 10Add cooled sausage mixture into the spinach mixture, incorporate well. Filling is now ready.
- 11Cut each puff pastry sheets into 2 rectangles.
- 12Brush the top layer with mustard.
- 13Fill pastry sheets with filling.
- 14Crimp the edges using a fork.
- 15Cut 2 slits on top of each pastry.
- 16Bake for 15-25 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Spinach Pastry Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.5
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 1208.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of