1 hr 10 mins
An easy soup found on a blog site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 12 ounces mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium white onion, cut into small dice
- 10 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach, washed
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili
- 1Using a sharp chef’s knife or cleaver, remove stem from squash. Peel tough outer skin and cut squash in half. Remove seeds and cut into large 2-inch-long pieces.
- 2Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper; cook about a minute more and then add sausage. Break sausage into small pieces and cook until browned, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add squash, season again with salt and pepper, chili and cook until squash becomes soft around the edges, about 6 minutes. Add wine and scrape up any browned bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add broth and thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is soft, about 45 minutes.
- 4Using the back of a spoon, press squash against the side of the pot to break it up into pasta-like strands. Remove thyme stems; season with more salt and pepper to taste. Stir in spinach leaves and serve.
- 5Sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Spaghetti Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.3
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 839.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g