Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good way to make sauerkraut/sausage.
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 4 medium Polish sausage or 4 medium bratwursts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3 tablespoons milk
- snipped fresh parsley
- In saucepan, heat sauerkraut (with liquid), sausages, caraway seed, onion and water or beer to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir baking mix and milk with fork to a soft dough.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls (2 or 3) onto sauerkraut.
- Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove dumplings, sausages and sauerkraut with slotted spoon to serving platter. Garnish with parsley.