Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good cheap meal that tastes very good! I notice the bouillion, Chablis, and apple seem to cut some of the tartness of the sauerkraut and the sausage comes out with the most excellent flavor!
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 (1 lb) package Polish sausage or 1 (1 lb) package kielbasa, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 knorr beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup chablis
- 1 crisp green apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- Drain sauerkraut REALLY well and put in a large saucepan.
- Add 2 cups of water, bullion cube, caraway seeds, Chablis, apple, onion and sausage; bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer, covered for at least 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
We really enjoyed this recipe. The Chablis gave the sauerkraut a llittle bit of a bitter taste, so next time I make it I will cut the Chablis in half.