Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tart sauerkraut with the sausage is a good mix.
Make and share this Sausage And Sauerkraut recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs Polish sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut sausage in 1-1/2 inch slices.
- Saute in Dutch oven until browned.
- Add sauerkraut, and all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
Before this recipe, I never understood why people eat sauerkraut. NOW I know! So very good.
I made this and normally the way I fix it is usually tart, this is an excellent alternative and I will use it quite often.