Recipe by David Steffes
A quick and easy main course cassarole that is also excellent with frozen pirogies instead of potatoes.
Top Review by Cucina Casalingo
This is a keeper! I had most of the necessary ingredients, but not a lot of time, so I microwaved the potatoes to speed things up. I only had regular cream of mushroom soup and I used fresh chilled sauerkraut. Everything else was the same. I liked how the soup toned down the sharpness of the sauerkraut without destroying the flavor. Thanks for an easy and tasty recipe.
- 1 lb uncooked bratwursts or 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 lb sauerkraut
- 1 can campbells condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 -6 red potatoes, cut in quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes till there fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix the sauerkraut, golden mushroom soup and mushrooms together.
- Place the sausages in the bottom of a cassarole dish, place the potatoes on top, and cover with the sauerkraut mix.
- Top with the paprika and either microwave for 10 minutes or bake at 350 for 45 minutes.