Recipe by Kim D.
This is a spicy, flavorful side dish that is great to take to a potluck! If you want to cut down on the "heat" you can used "regular" or "mild" breakfast sausage.
Top Review by modmomm
I LOVE this dish. My DH didn't very much, but I sure did. I used regular sausage rather than hot. There is just something about that flavor that just grabs me. Will definately make again (for me):)
- 453.59 g hot pork sausage
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped green bell pepper
- 236.59 ml finely chopped celery
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml raw white rice, cooked separately
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice separately.
- Cook sausage over low heat in a large skillet; Drain.
- To the same skillet, add onions, green bell peppers, and celery.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in soup and cooked rice.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 250°F for about 30 minutes or until heated through.