Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This unique recipe from the USA Rice Federation
- 1 tablespoon sausage drippings
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 ounces bulk pork sausage, cooked,crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage, cooked,crumbled
- For the gravy, heat the drippings in medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth; cook 4 minutes; gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens; stir in sausage, salt and pepper; keep warm.
- For the pancakes, melt the butter in large saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth; cook 5 minutes; gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens; Whisk in eggs; remove from heat; stir in rice and sausage; use 3 tablespoons batter for each pancake and cook in greased medium skillet over medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes with gravy.