Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family loves this recipe. I have got to admit it looks a little strange but always seems to be a hit with the kids.I have never used the bell pepper in the recipe
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 2 cans chicken noodle soup
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- bell pepper (optional)
- Pour rice, noodle soup and water together in a casserole dish.
- Brown sausage,onion and bell pepper (if using).
- Drain off fat.
- Add sausage mixture to casserole and stir.
- Bakefor about 45 minutes at 350.
This was nice, really simple to do but perhaps a bit salty for my liking, a low salt soup would be good. I also added some extra vegies to the mix. Thanks for posting!