Recipe by cuisinebymae
I found the original of this recipe on Allrecipes.com. I changed it quite a bit to suit our tastes. The kids like it, too!
Top Review by ELOISE H.
This recipe is a hit. I cut up Italian hot sausage links (this is what I had on hand) added some pepper and a blend of green herbs (rosemary, thyme,marjoran, sage, savory, basil, oregano) and wow it was terrific. Next time I have to double the batch, it was that good. Thank you for the quick and tasty recipe.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, cut in small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package chicken noodle soup mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Saute sausage, onion and red pepper until sausage is no longer pink and the onion, celery and red pepper has softened.
- Drain off fat.
- Put sausage mixture in a 2 quart ovenproof casserole.
- Stir in rice, soup mix and water.
- Bake, covered, at 325 F.
- for 1 hour.