Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I didn't think something so easy could have so much taste! I can't remember where I got this recipe but I added some things to make it more to my family's taste. This is great with crusty french bread and a tossed salad for dinner.
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- Saute sausage, peppers, onion, and celery until sausage is almost done, drain well.
- Add soups, rice, soup mix, wine and mushrooms to sausage mixture.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 400°F for approximately 1 hour.
- Additional water may be added if casserole looks like it is getting too dry.