Recipe by bmxmama
Quick, easy and filling...my kind of meals when it's going to be a really long day! I found this one in a cookbook that came from some type of fund raising event years ago.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This is a really great recipe, super easy & tasty too. I used sausages cut into small pieces & a mixture of green & red peppers, instead of celery I used carrot. Instead of baking in the oven I let it simmer on a very low heat on the stove until the rice was tender. It's kind of like a sausage risotto, yummy, thanks for posting!
- 453.59 g bulk sausage
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml rice, uncooked and washed
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- Brown sausage in frying pan and pour off grease.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper to sausage and simmer until tender.
- In bowl combine rice and soups and then add cooked ingredients.
- Pour into greased Pyrex pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours at 350°, stirring occasionally.