Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
1# Jimmy Dean maple sausage is what makes this recipe so tasty. I also use Chicken Verde soup--it gives it a little zip. This recipe comes from a wonderful cookbook, "Southern Accent", best-selling community cookbook in Arkansas.
- 1 lb jimmy dean maple sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) packageuncle ben's wild rice
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced and drained
- Brown sausage lightly; remove from skillet. Drain off most of grease. Saute onions and celery in remainder for 5 minutes. Blend all ingredients. Place in a 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.