Recipe by Preacher_in_Kitchen
Memphis cooks. They are the best in the world. I ran into this delicious dish at a church potluck dinner. I had to tackle the person who brought this dish out in the church parking lot. After twisting his/her arm, finally I got the recipe (a bit overstated here)! It is simple, consists of commonly available ingredients. And will be a keeper, I promise!
Top Review by Ron Davis
This was very good. Real comfort food. I added a couple bay leaves and a little bit of rosemary. I also used lower salt soups. Instead of chicken noodle, I used cream of chicken. I will be making this again, especially on a cold winter night. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb sausage or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (not minute rice)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken noodle soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water