Recipe by Tyler's Cook
I adapted this from Cooking Light November 2011 and changed a few things to make it my own of course ;). What's great is if you're a family that loves their meat, you can add more sausage, and vice versa for any Veggies to make it for your own too! Add more Sausage or ground Hamburger/Turkey for more meat and add Mushrooms/Veggies etc for more a healthier version!
- 3 hot Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (I use White)
- 4 large red potatoes, Cubed into large Chunks (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 table spoon thyme
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre Heat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Remove casings form Sausage.
- Add sausage to non stick skillet over Medium High heat until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Continuously stir sausage to crumble into pieces.
- Remove Sausage from Pan and place on paper towels to drain fat.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add chopped Onion and Thyme and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and salt to skillet saute for about 5 minutes until browned.
- Stir in Sausage and Broth, Mix Well.
- Spoon into 11 x 17 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with Cheese and Panko.
- Cover and Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes or until golden.