Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the package of Liptons Onion Soup, though I have written it in my own words with some tune ups for clarity. The children really like it, though I prefer it using the hot italian sausage rather than the sweet.
- Cook sausage in a little bit of water until just done.
- Cook off water, or pour out of pan and pan fry sausage until well browned.
- Wash potatoes (or peel if desired) and cut into bite sized chunks.
- Remove sausage from pan.
- Mix soup mix with water and use to deglaze the pan.
- Add potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, cover, then simmer for about 10-15 minutes , until potatoes are done.
- Cut Sausage into disks about 1/2 inch to and inch thick.
- Add to pan and stir well.
- Simmer, with the cover off until sausages are heated through and the liquid is slightly thick.
- Serve with crisp green salad and saute'd onions and peppers with crusty italian bread.
Try Frying your potatoes and adding boiled eggs cut in four.Mix well in a bowl and serve.
I made this tonight. I actually stumbled upon this recipe wanting to try something new then the sausage and potatoes I normally do. I actually had a onion seasoning packet so I did and it was good. I just followed the recipe without looking at other reviews.
Very easy,my family loved it!!!