Recipe by cynthia b davis
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a comfort food recipe given to me by my mother who died nine years ago. When it's cold outside or I'm thinking about her, I just prepare this dish. Not only is it good, it's quick & very easy to prepare. Tips: bring a hearty appetite and enjoy!
- 2 (20 ounce) bags Simply Potatoes Red Potato Wedges
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb link sausage
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium stock pot, cover bottom with olive or vegetable oil. Add onion and sauté on low heat until soft; about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 bags of Red Potato Wedges, stir and cover pot with lid. Simmer about 15 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
- Cut sausage of your choice into 2-3 inch pieces and some into bite size pieces. In a separate skillet, lightly brown sausage and set aside.
- After potatoes have simmered for 15 minutes, add milk and simmer for 10 minutes, then add sausage and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Puree some of the potatoes if desired.
- Serve in bowls while hot. Add salt if desired.