Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 (10 ounce) package pork sausage links
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded American cheese
- Cook sausage according to package directions; set aside.
- Sprinkle onion and bell pepper evenly on bottom of a 10-inch skillet coated with cooking spray; top with hash browns, patting to flatten. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Cook over low heat 12 to 15 minutes or until underside is crisp and lightly browned.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper; pour evenly over hash browns.
- Arrange cooked sausage links in a spoke pattern in eggs. Cover and cook 8 minutes or just until edges are set.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over top; cover and cook just until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
This was a good combo yet lacked some flavor. I used 6 eggs and recommend some more seasoning. It was still very good and a keeper for this family.