Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great tasting hearty meal that is easy to make. Will warm you up on a cold day!
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 kg chipolata sausages
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can lima beans or 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Slice leek. Peel and chop potatoes coarsely.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan and on low heat, fry leek for about 5 minutes.
- Add sausages and fry until brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sage and 1 teaspoon of basil and add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add stock, stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes. cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid, fold through beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or a side dish of your choice.