Recipe by SweetSueAl
This is an easy way to make "dinner eggs." I sometimes substitue plain chopped hash browns and fresh onions for the O'Brien potatoes. Serve with toast or biscuits and you have a good meal.
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage (you can substitute bacon or ground pork sausage)
- 1 (24 ounce) packageof frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove italian sausage from casing.
- Brown in a 12-inch nonstick skillett over medium high heat, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add potatoes to drippings in the skillet; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown Whisk eggs, water, salt, and pepper in bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium, sprinkle sausage over potatoes.
- Pour eggs over sausage; cook 5 minutes.
- Heat broiler.
- Cover skillet handle with foil.
- Broil frittata 5 inches from heat source 3 minutes, until just cooked through.