Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Relatively easy dish for the oven or grill
- 2 lbs skinless smoked sausage
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 red and green peppers
- 8 large potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter
- dice onion and peppers set aside.
- chunk potatoes unpeeled.
- cut sausage into 1-2 inch slices.
- mix potatoes, sausage and vegetables into one large bowl add salt and pepper to taste.
- lightly spray 4 12x18 sheets of heavy duty foil with non stick spray.
- divide food evenly onto ea of 4 sheets of foil heaping in center.
- fold foil around ingredients to make a sealed pouch---but dont seal it yet.
- on top of food place 2tbs butter and a handful of ice cubes then seal securely.
- cook on grill over med-high heat for aprox 30 min, then turn over for another 30 minutes.
- if cooking in the oven place on cookie sheets and cook for approx 1hr 15 min at preheated 350 oven.
- when removing from foil be careful of the steam.
- serve alone or with pork and beans.