Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an easy and delicious breakfast casserole that our whole family loves. I usually lighten it up by using lower-fat sausage and cheese.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesbrown & serve sausage links
- 3 1⁄2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 11x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Cut sausage links into slices.
- Stir together all ingredients in large bowl. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
This was very tasty, but I think I would have enjoyed it more with Bob Evan's savory or hot sausage roll. Next time I will try it that way, however, I took it in for teacher appreciation breakfast this morning and 2 teachers made a point to tell me how much they enjoyed it!
Made this for our weekend at the lake and shared it with all our friends and they just kept on telling me how delicious this was. I did use the whole bag of the obrien frozen potatoes and added 1 more egg to the recipe. I put the shredded cheese on top of the casserole before baking. I also used the 1/4 part of the milk with whipping cream to give a richer taste. It was a huge hit and quick to put together. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
We eat this all the time, the whole family likes it. I use Polish sausage, the shredded type hash browns and prepared mustard because that is what I had. We served it the other night with a green salad, fresh sliced peaches, watermelon chunks and delicious sliced tomatoes, it was perfect. Come on- try it, you'll like it!