Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is great sausage and peppers recipe for those who like things a little more spicy. This can also be toned down for those that like things more on the mild side.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs Italian sausages
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat.
- Brown sausages on all sides.
- Remove sausages from pan and set aside.
- Pour in wine and deglaze the pan scraping up any blackened bits, over very low heat.
- Put the peppers and onions in the pan.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and stir.
- Season with spices, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Stir and cover.
- Simmer until onions and peppers are tender.
- Slice the sausage into circles and add to the pot.
- Cover and continue simmering until sausage is cooked.
- Serve over rice.
Wow, very good! Thanks for posting.