1/3 Photos of Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
I came across this recipe while looking for supper hearty sandwich ideas. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1983)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices (or use both sweet and hot sausages)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (or use 1 red and 1 green)
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 crusty French rolls, halved horizonally
- 1/2 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 1Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until brown (10 minutes). Reduce heat to low and add water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add peppers, onions and oregano to skillet and saute until tender (10 minutes). Pour off liquid.
- 3Spoon sausage mixture into rolls, topping off with a few slices of cheese.
- 4If desired, can be heated under broiler so cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.8
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 1213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 32.1 g