1/1 Photo of Sausage and Peppers Rustica With Bread
Lovely little recipe that warms the soul!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic but it's hard to find, I just happened to have some)
- 1 large bell pepper (red, yellow, orange, or green. I used red since it's sweeter.)
- 1 medium onion (red, yellow, or white, depending on your preference, I used white)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes with garlic (I used Hunt's Fire Roasted tomatoes with garlic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used green jalapeno sauce, but depending on how much heat you like, you can use whatever you like)
- bread or bun
- 11. Combine pepper and onion with italian seasoning, olive oil, hot pepper sauce in 3 quart microwave dish and cook covered on HIGH for 3-5 minutes until veggies are tender.
- 22. Add sausages and tomatoes. Poke holes in sausages so they don't explode in microwave.
- 33. Cook covered for 7-10 minutes on HIGH, turning once to ensure they're cooked thoroughly.
- 44. Serve immediately with peppers, onions, tomatoes and the sausage (of course) in a roll or bun. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Peppers Rustica With Bread
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1387.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with garlic