Recipe by Codychop
Comfort food! I like my grits smooth and creamy, but cook yours to your desired texture. I also use a mix of spicy and sweet sausage.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (sweet or hot or both)
- 1 red bell pepper, in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, in strips
- 1 large sweet onion, in strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grits
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove meat from casings and cook with next 9 ingredients over med-high heat until cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Serve over Parmy grits.
- Cook grits according to package directions using 4 cups water. Stir in the butter, salt and cheese.