Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe mainly from eponinejenna5's Deep Dish Pizza, which was great. I played around with the ingredients, and here's my version.
- 1 lb turkey sausage, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packages pizza dough, mix (i.e. Betty Crocker)
- 2 -3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook sausage, onion, pepper, and garlic.
- Prepare pizza dough (you'll need a cup of hot water) and press into greased 13 x 9 pan (3 qt.) baking dish. Pizza dough should go up about 1-2 inches on the sides on the baking dish.
- Spread sausage on top of dough, followed by a layer of pepperoni.
- Cover meats with the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Finish by spreading cheese over top of it all.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes.