- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, cooked and cooled, I use Jimmy Dean
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a glass 9-inch square baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer 1/2 inch of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add cooked sausage that has been browned and cooled.
- The chopped onions and red and green peppers may be added at this time if you wish.
- Beat eggs and whipping cream.
- Pour mixture over all.
- Bake at 325ºF for one hour.
- Garnish with parsley and candied apple rings on the side, if desired.
- Serve immediately.