Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious pasta dish with sausage and peppers and bowtie pasta. I recieved this recipe from my best friend and it's become a family favorite!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced in strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced in strips
- 2 (15 ounce) cansdiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb bow tie pasta
- freshly grated romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cook sausage in a large pan just until it loses it's pink color.
- Add garlic and onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peppers, cook 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings, cook about 15 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Take pan off heat, cook 5 minutes.
- Add softened cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta, toss to coat.
- Top with grated Romano cheese.