Recipe by LIV2COOK
I made this recipe up for a party one time and it was a hit. making it ever since.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup of julienne sun-dried tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of fresh arugula
- 1 lb cooked pasta, of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a grill pan brown sausage about 5 minutes
- Add water to sausage and parboil 5 minutes.
- set aside sausage on papertowels to drain off excess grease
- saute garlic clove, olive oil, pepper strips and red onion in another pan or dutch oven for aproximatley 5 minutes.
- add chicken broth, white wine, diced tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, parmesean cheese, and pine nuts to pepper and onion mixture. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- Cut sausage into small links or bite size pieces. Add sausage,arugula, pepper and salt to pepper and onion mixture. Simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta and sprinkle with fresh parmesean shavings.